Title: Care in the Home – Assistant Management Accountant
Reports to: Divisional Management Accountant (CITH/Case Mgt)
The CITH – Assistant Management Accountant will be responsible and assist with the accounting and reporting for the Care in the Home Division of the Active group. Primary reporting line is to the Divisional Management Accountant, but also liaising with Regional Finance Business Partners in respect of Care in the Home operations.
The role is responsible for:
- Ensuring that Regional and Divisional P&L, balance sheet and capital expenditure amounts are accurately recorded in the month-end accounts on a timely basis, in particular:
- Ensuring that revenue, payroll and cost accrual/prepayment journals are posted accurately and on time
- Ensuring that any billing issues are resolved appropriately with the commercial team
- Ensuring main trading account bank reconciliations are prepared
- Maintaining up to date and accurate fixed asset register
- Preparing accurate and insightful management accounts with appropriate KPIs; including revenue and margin analysis.
- Ensuring that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled in line with agreed timescales.
- Supporting the budgeting and forecasting processes in respect of Care in the Home operations.
- Ad hoc analysis and costings for the Management Accounting team, as well as supporting other Regional Finance Business Partners in respect of Care in the Home operations.
- Ensuring that new financial and operating systems are implemented appropriately to ensure that month-end processes are as automated as possible.
- Maintaining a continual focus on ensuring that information is presented in the most useful way possible and that any issues identified which would enable management to improve business performance are appropriately reported.
- Competitive Salary: £24000-27000 DOE
- Study Support- 2 days off Per Exam
- Active rewards access
- Study support: £1600 a year
- Paid Annual Leave : 25 days each year plus 8 days of bank holiday
The right individual:
- Completed or studying towards an Accounting Qualification (ACA, CIMA or ACCA).
- Positive enthusiastic approach with a can-do attitude.
- Proven track record of succeeding in a deadline driven environment.
- High level of accuracy and good attention to detail.
- Strong excel, analysis and presentation skills.
Experience of using Sage X3.
Good communicator with strong interpersonal skill and emotional intelligence.
Able to work autonomously and flexibly.
Experience of integration and systems development a plus.
Committed to continuous improvement.
Experience of an industry with a substantial hourly-paid payroll.